GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Start OK powered by BeBrave
These General Terms and Conditions shall apply to all services and prizes proposed or provided by Start OK powered by BeBrave, which are delivered entirely or partially to the contest winner(s).
- ELEGIBILITY AND ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
- Participating members must be at least 18 years of age;
- Students must be current or former students of OK Estudante;
- OK Estudante students or alumni must own at least 33% of the company;
- Student applying can currently reside both in Portugal as well as abroad;
- Companies entering are not required to be an idea or a startup, they can also be a running business.
- STARTING AND CLOSING DATES AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The application process for this contest will be a rolling application from July to November 30 of every year;
- In this stage you must prepare a one minute video pitch and post it online as well as submit the application form;
- The analysis process of Startup OK will happen in December of every year;
- This process the BeBrave team of associates will judge your idea/business, your team, business model, and your enthusiasm;
- The decision phase of the Startup OK contest will take place in the first week of January;
- If you are selected by the associates you will be invited to come a pitch your idea/business to the BeBrave associates;
- Following this week selected candidates will have three weeks to prepare for their pitch, which will be held at Tim’s Garage at the end of January.
- JUDGING AND PRIZES
- Candidates will be selected to pitch based on the judges belief in the project;
- If a candidate does not meet any of the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restriction then this entrant will not be entitled to be adjudged a winner, and will also not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances;
- The total funding available for winners is €150,000, this will be split up amongst winners according to their needs up to a maximum of € 30,000 per project.
- Winners will only be selected if the judges believe in the projects after the pitch is done, if this is not the case, no winners will be selected.
- Winners will get funding as well as having access to a 1 Year mentoring program from BeBrave.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, CONFIDENTIALITY, AND MORAL RIGHTS
- Any and all information shared with all parties involved in the engagement, including but not limited to documents and materials, and internal and external operating practices and strategies, shall become protected under the Nondisclosure Agreement (Article 5);
- You warrant to us that you created your competition entries, that you own all the copyright in those entries, and that our use of those entries in accordance with the rules above stated will not infringe any persons intellectual property rights or other legal rights;
- The provisions of this Article 4 shall apply during the term of the engagement and for a period of five (5) years thereafter.
- NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
By agreeing to work with Start OK Powered by BeBrave you are automatically entered in to the following Nondisclosure Agreement for the purpose of preventing unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined bellow. The parties agree to enter in to a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of certain proprietary and confidential information.
Items covered by this agreement are as follows:
- Technical Information
- Financial Information
- Business Models, Practices and Strategies
© 2019 Start OK Powered by BeBrave. All Rights Reserved.